- Preferably choose to bake / buy healthy cupcakes
- A stranger is someone that you do not know ;P
- Here it would be really, really nice if you can get a photo/video together with the stranger, both holding the cupcakes, and share it on the wall of kindness =D
- PRO TIP: If you feel nervous about approaching strangers and having conversations with them, there’s a few things that can make it easier for you.
- 1) choose someone of your own gender, in your own age group – making sure you have at least some things in common
- 2) you can start the conversation by explaining the challenge and why you do this, even (if this is the case) that you feel it is scary / awkward – this is a great icebreaker that puts you in a good light of wanting to do something kind for them.
- 3) asking questions are a great way to get a conversation going. You can ask questions about this person; studying, working, children, background, etc. Or ask questions related to the situation you are in; about the need of kindness, their experiences with acts of kindness, any interest in baking / food, etc.
The inspiration behind this challenge
We did a similar project in Oslo, where we asked a friend to bake an amazing cake. Then we went into the city and asked complete strangers if they wanted to join us for a picknick. Of course not every one we asked said yes, but we got together a group of 12 people. And we had a great time together, it was amazing!! Food is a great way to connect with others. And who doesn’t love a cupcake?! =D